Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Matt Smith talks about Series 6


Matt Smith has said that the next series of Doctor Who will be "madly inventive".
The actor, who made his debut as the Doctor earlier this year, will return to the role alongside companion Karen Gillan, who plays Amy Pond.
"I'm really looking forward to it," he told BBC Newsbeat. "What Steven's [Moffat] got planned is so madly inventive, it really is."
Smith admitted that he knows very little about the series and which guest stars could appear.
"Hopefully we will get some fabulous actors in. I don't know anything about who they are looking to get," he said.
He added: "I've got a couple of scripts coming to me this week - the first ones that we are going to shoot, so I am excited.
"It's funny because I'm in a similar sort of position to the people that watch the show because I literally don't know anything until I get the scripts."
Over the weekend, it was confirmed that the 2011 series will be broadcast in two parts - with one block shown in the spring and the other in autumn. Moffat teased that this would allow for an exciting mid-series plot-twist and cliffhanger.
Smith will next play the Doctor in the upcoming Christmas special.

No comments: