Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Page: 'I'd love Doctor Who role'


Joanna Page has admitted she would love a role in Doctor Who.
The Gavin And Stacey actress denied rumours that she had landed a part in the sci-fi drama, but stressed she would be open to appearing in the show.
Speaking at the guest night celebrating the new cast of Wicked, Joanna said of recent reports: "It's not true. A friend was telling me about that. I was like 'I wish it was true'."
She went on: "I think I've got to be the only Welsh actress who has never been in Doctor Who so if someone would like me to be in Doctor Who I'd love to have a part."
The actress was at London's Apollo Victoria Theatre to support friend Louise Dearman, who recently took over in the role of good witch Glinda.
Joanna said she was "blown away" by her pal's performance, and revealed she'd be keen to tread the boards in a musical herself.
"I'd love to do a musical - I haven't got the voice to be in Wicked. It would have to be something I can act in."

No comments: