Monday, July 19, 2010

Doctor Who star Matt Smith is staying put, says Karen Gillan



Karen Gillan, who plays Amy Pond, the assistant to Matt Smith's Doctor Who, has reassuring news for his fans. The actor isn't about to decamp to Los Angeles.

"Matt will be sticking around," she told me at the Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup Final at Cowdray Park Polo Club yesterday. "I think those rumours were made up."

Karen added that she and Smith have started filming the Doctor Who Christmas special, and adds that the atmosphere on the set is "great."

1 comment:

develish1 said...

hmmm, isn't she the one who stated, quite adamantly, before the season finale that Rory would not be returning?

sorry but she doesn't have much credibility in my eyes after that.

having said that though, I don't think I believe Matt's planing to leave either.