Friday, July 30, 2010

Steven Moffat will write five Doctor Who episodes for series six


Doctor Who executive producer Steven Moffat, has revealed that he will write five episodes for the sixth series of the show.

The series, starring Matt Smith as The Doctor, is scheduled for broadcast in 2011 and will have 13 episodes.

Moffat told Den of Geek that he would be writing five of those plus this year’s Christmas special.

He said: “I’m doing the [2010] Christmas special plus five, so it’s the same. Six again.”

“I’m basically following what Russell did,” he confirmed. “Having worked out the sums and worked out how he does it, I thought that’s a perfect way of doing it.”

The 48 year old writer also admitted that between Doctor Who and his new show Sherlock, he hasn’t been enjoying much of a work life balance.

“The last year has been extraordinary,” he claimed. “I’ve had about four days off, and that includes Christmas day. I work every weekend, I get up early in the morning, I go to bed late at night. There is no way of balancing it.”

He added: “It’s extraordinary, but it’s great fun too! Great fun, so long as it doesn’t kill me!”

No comments: