Sunday, July 18, 2010

Update + I don't want Matt to leave Doctor Who

Oh, how to start this post... For once, I felt the need to actually vent, which is something I don't tend to do in the blog, but there you go. The whining and the moaning may not be directly Who-related, but living in an apparently Who-less world certainly adds up to the equation. And how appropriate, too: I have a Maths exam tomorrow.
As you all know, I've been rather busy and tired because I have been studying non-stop since ooh, let me see... Since June. I've been studying every single day and studying hard, I should add. And that didn't do wonders for my mood, nor did the fact that the press keeps talking about the fact that Matt is apparently going to quit DW after Series 6 in pursuit of a Hollywood career. I don't want to believe it: I just don't want to, and I'm in denial, I guess, even if I don't know whether it is true or not. You all know my Doctor is Ten, but I love Eleven: he reminds me of one of my favourite Doctors of all time, Patrick Troughton, the Second Doctor. I don't want him to leave, I can't bear the idea of Doctor Who lasting just two or three more years more... I struggle with this: the Doctor can only regenerate 12 times, so that means we can only have 13 Doctors. We're up to the Eleventh incarnation, so if you do the maths yourself... that leaves us with 2 Doctors to go. And that's huge, that's monumental, that is the end of an era, an era that even with a hiatus in the middle is frankly fantastic and unique. So I don't want Matt to quit now... Not now, Matt. Not now!

No comments: