Thursday, July 01, 2010

Moffat avoids 'Who' forums

Steven Moffat has revealed that he avoids reading about Doctor Who online.
Speaking to his son on a YouTube video, Moffat explained that he used to keep up-to-date with the comments but stopped when he became the showrunner.
"I am very strict that I do not do it now," he said. "I don't go on the forums, I don't know what they're thinking."
Moffat explained that he tries not to look at the posts because he does not want to focus on what a small group of people think about the show.
"It's not because they're stupid, and not because I wouldn't agree with them," he said. "But because that's not the voice of the audience. That's the voice of a very atypical, tiny sliver of the audience and I need to keep the show appealing to a mainstream audience, not to people who are, let's be honest, a bit like me - obsessed Doctor Who fans."

No comments: