Thursday, June 03, 2010

Gillan proposed to by Whovian


Karen Gillan has revealed that a fan once proposed to her.
The actress, who plays Amy Pond in Doctor Who, explained that she is still getting used to her fame.
Speaking to DS, she said: "It's kind of a bit of a shock to the system, actually. It's kind of instant in that way, when you sort of get involved in Doctor Who.
"It kind of changes your life as soon as you're announced as playing the part, before anyone's even seen you. So you're kind of walking into an already famous part, if you know what I mean. It's not you that's made it famous. So what you've got to do is put your own sort of mark on it I guess."
Gillan added: "It's been really positive. Everyone's been really nice and they feel so passionately about it that it makes me really excited to be involved in it."
However, Gillan admitted that she has been surprised by fans in the past.
"I got proposed to in America by a girl," she said. "I was quite taken aback by that. She was very nice and all, but I'm not really ready for marriage."

Doctor Who continues on Saturday at 6.40pm on BBC One.

No comments: